ahhhh, just what the world needs-another blog from some narcissistic, dime-store philosopher, and yet here i am. today, on the 29th anniversary of my glorious entrance into this crazy world, my life changes. the love of my life has landed her first position in her field of study, i am moving from the hometown of my youth, and while i haven't a clue what the future holds, for the first time in my life i do know where it lies.
goodbye "old field"........ hello tomorrow!
for what its worth:
i fancy myself a musician and songwriter. i am a connoisseur of music's (past, present, and future) history. i am a sucker for rom/coms but can't imagine the world without the twisted mind of david lynch. i love the musty smell of an old book. i am inspired by the abstract, the ambient, and the atmospheric. i have a great beard, a double-chin, and like bacon far too much. my favorite bands tend to be too obscure and my favorite reading tends to be meant for adolescents. i am so totally addicted to "lost". not much sounds more chill than a cool night, my pipe filled with burly and black, a laphroaig 15 y.o., good company, and low level owl spinning on the turntable. my wife is the kelly kapowski to my zack morris and my two girls think i am cooler than ferris bueller. my future is neither defined nor constrained by my past. i believe that GOD is alive and that i am nothing without HIM.
hope is greater than fear, and cynicism (while a real weakness) is simply digging a grave.
today's "mega-mix" tape:
1) on reflection-the appleseed cast
2) beautiful day-u2
3) trials turned to gold-keith green
4) getting better-the beatles
5) coffaro's theme-bill frisell quartet
6) it happens when the heart just stops-the frames
7) cruiser-red house painters
8) don't go racing-jeremy enigk
9) desolation road-bob dylan
10) if i may-blackalicious
11) it's the end of the world as we know it-r.e.m.
12) what life has-denison marrs
13) make your own kind of music-"mama" cass elliot
thanks for the dance, hope i see you soon...